The Lucky One

So here I am again! These past few days have been crazy! Flights canceled, due to snow, planning for Christmas, cookie decorating, and of course finding the time to read :). 

So I was originally reading Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Trader, but to be honest I got bored.  I was only reading it because I wanted to compare it to the movie; well, I just couldn't take it anymore! I mean, don't get me wrong, the story is great! But the overall style of writing by CS Lewis for me gets a little boring, because it is in that old style English. Not quite Shakespeare, but not at all modern...lets just say...in between.

Anyway...I finally put down Narnia and picked up a book that I have wanted to read for a while.  The Lucky One  by Nicholas Sparks.  It took me a little over a week to read, but only because I had to find the time to read; otherwise I probabl wouldn't have been able to put it down! It was so good! Another GREAT Sparks novel!
The novel is about a man named Logan, who spent five years in Iraq, with the Marines.  While there, he finds this picture of this woman, near their camp site; which only says "Keep Safe! E.".  After a couple of weeks of no one claiming the picture, he decides to keep it, after his friend tells him there is a reason why he found the picture, and not someone else.  The picture turns out to give him some unexplainable luck. 
After his time is up in Iraq, his friend, persuades him to find this women.  Following some clues seen in the picture he is able to find a possible place where this woman may be at.  He goes there, with his German Shepherd, and finds her.
The whole novel is a beautiful growing journey of him discovering himself, and the woman in the photo.
I enjoyed every minute of it, and I definitely recommend all of you to read it!

Well, I better get going, have a lot of preparing to do for the holidays!
I hope you all enjoy your Holidays!
The Romance Bookie :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick