My Very First Entry!!!


Hello, I'm the Romance Bookie.  This is my first entry, so I thought I would start with a few great authors if you are looking for nice read over the Holidays.  Of course they are all romance books :). 

My top five Romance Authors:
1. Meg Cabot
2. Nicholas Sparks
3. Simone Elkeles
4. Nora Roberts
5. Sarah Dessen


Meg Cabot: She is probably my all time favorite author, just because everytime she releases a new book, they always have the comedy, suspense, and of course romance.  I love reading her blog on her website (megcabot.com) because she writes them just like her books. 
A few of my favorites by her are: The Heather Wells Series (which are three novels, the first being: Size 12 is Not Fat, the second: Size 14 is Not Fat Either, and the third: Big Boned).  This three novels are really good.  They are a mystery series, for the young adult genre.  They have romance, and a really great story in each one.


Nicholas Sparks: Of course Nicholas Sparks is the ROMANCE author.  Every book I have read by him is just a great new romance, with not always the happy ending that the reader may hope for.  His age group of readers can be any woman over the age of about 17; of course if a man wants to read his novels, they are also welcome to :). 
My top picks for him are: The Guardian, True Believer, At First Sight (this is the sequel to True Believer), and The Last Song
The Last Song was made into a movie last year, staring Miley Cyrus.  Adam Shankman (who I believe made the movie) did a good job with sticking to the story of the book.  The only complaint I had was that Miley didn't have the purple hair strand, which is the main character, Ronnie's, signature to her character.  (I don't think a fake hairstrand could have cost tha much either, I mean seriously, how much do they cost at stores like Claires?? Like $5??!!! Maybe???!!!)  
Like every book, that has been made into a movie, I definitely will always recommend reading the book before seeing the movie!




Simone Elkeles: Simone Elkeles is a young adult writer.  She is the author of this really great series.  The first book in the series is called, Perfect Chemistry.  I enjoyed reading this book sooo much! Think of it as a modern day West Side Story  .  You will definitely enjoy this book if you love West Side Story!!!







Nora Roberts: Nora Roberts, as many women know, has been around for quite some time.  She has written probably a hundred novels.  She has some really good reads out there.  My favorite series by her is The Bride Quartet.  There are four novels in the series: Vision in White, Bed of Roses, Savior the Moment, and Happy Ever After.  I haven't read the last one in the series, Happy Ever After, I am hoping to get it for Christmas :), but the other three were sooo great.  The series is about four best friends who run and own a Bridal business.  They organize and plan the entire wedding. Each of the novels is about one of the girls.  Vision in White is the story of the Photographer, Mac.  Bed of Roses is about the Florist, Emma.  Savior the Moment is about the cake maker, Laurel, and the last one, I believe, is about Parker, the person who of runs the whole show.  It's a really cute, lovey dovey series :), one of my favorites.  There is some mature encounters in each of the books, so if you don't like that then I wouldn't recommend them to you, but if you don't mind, and you love romance novels, then these are some books for you! :)













Sarah Dessen: Sarah Dessen is an amazing writer for the young adult age group.  She isn't however, the kind of writer that always has a fun and romantic story.  Her stories always have a serious part to them, and thats what I think is kind of refreshing sometimes, when I have read one to many lovey dovey novels for a while.  Her stories are always so great! My absolute favorite by her is: Along for the Ride.  It is her most recent release.  Her books each have a great story, and you may even find one that you can relate to somehow, or you know someone that who can.  

  

Comments

  1. Oh MY! Every single author and books you mention...I LOVE! Well, except for Cabot but it's 'cause I've not read her books yet.We seem to have the same taste! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And if you ever get a chance I definitely recommend Meg Cabot. She has book for every age! "Allie Finkle" for the youngsters, "Princess Diaries" for the preteens early teens, and then some really great books for the adult :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick