My Obsessive Reading Marathon/Binge

WOW! That's all I can truly say to describe these past few weeks.  I know I have posted anything in over a month, but believe me I have done plenty of reading!  I just started school again, my fourth semester in college.  Today is only the start of the second week, but so far so good.

Anyway...now to the point :).  Well, let's just say about two weeks ago, I had my hermit week...my birth sign is a cancer, and we have been known to just sometimes have our phases where we want to stay away from reality.  My escape for those seven days was books...7 books to be more exact.  Yes, I couldn't believe it either, I read 7 books in 7 days! It was insane, but totally worth it, because I read some of the BEST books I have ever read! I am going to keep the best for last, and just give start with some of the others ones I read that week.

I had sort of a mini Simone Elkeles marathon...I read her other 5 books that I hadn't read before.  I had read her Perfect Chemistry Series and absolutely loved them, but that week I read her Ruined series and Return to Paradise and Leaving Paradise (these two are one series too).  All five of these books were really good, and I definitely recommend them if you looking for a nice easy read, if you looking to escape someplace for a few hours.


OKAY...NOW time for the book that absolutely kept me on my toes the entire time!

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger!!!!! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! THIS BOOK WAS SO FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After not being able to put it down, and finishing it, I put it right away on my All Time Favorite Books list.  It was one of the best stories I have ever read in my life!

Okay, so you probably want to know what its about.  Well, I should start by saying what exactly DUFF stands for: the Designated, Ugly, Fat, Friend.  Yup, that's what it means.  When I was in Borders and saw the cover, and saw what it stood for, I knew right away... this is a book for me!  The overall story is about a girl named Bianca who is just your completely average looking teenage girl.  She lives with her father alone, because of some complications with her mom (you can read all about this :) ).  She has two best friends, who just happen to be two extremely gorgeous girls.  She goes with them to this teen club, where a bunch of kids at her school go to hang out. While there, she always sits at the bar and orders cherry cokes, and for some reason this guy from her school (whom she also happens to absolutely despise!) comes up to her and bugs her.  He is the one who tells her that she is the DUFF, out of her friends.  Bianca, when she finds out what it means, pretends it doesn't bother her, but in reality she knows it is eating at her.  After having a lot stuff go wrong in her life, the past few weeks, she can't take it anymore, and decides to use Wesley (the annoying guy from the club) to help distract her from things...yes, it may just be what your thinking... :).

So, I don't want to tell you what the entire book is about...I did that with my mom, because the book was just so amazing! and she said, "Well, I don't think I need read it anymore." I will get her to read it still though :).  Anyway, I definitely recommend for you all to read The DUFF, it's a book that practically everyone has something everyone can relate to.  I love books like that!


Overall rating for The DUFF:


Anyway, I better go, other wise I will be late to class, and my English teacher is not the friendliest :) (he made up a 21 page SYLLABUS!!!!!).  Enjoy your day and your week and I will write again soon!
                                  The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick