Me and Mr. Darcy

So I finished the novel I was reading last night :).
It was yet another cute romance novel!

Even though I tried reading Pride and Prejudice a few years back, I just couldn't get myself into it.  I know, most women would probably be shocked...but I tried! I swear! I read like half way through, but I just couldn't get myself to finish, because quite frankly I found it to be boring...a lot of women will probably hate me for saying that.
But anyway, the book I finished last night is called Me and Mr. Darcy, and as you can probably imagine, it's about, none other than...Mr. Darcy!  However, even though Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice is a big part of the story, it isn't the only thing the novel concentrates on.
The story is about a 29-year-old woman named Emily, who turns down a trip to go to Mexico with her best friend, to party and drink on the beach for a week straight, for a Jane Austen book tour in England.  Like Emily, I personally would have chosen the book tour too ;).
Anyway, like I imagine many Jane Austen book tours to be, many of the women who went on the tour were quite a bit older than Emily, in fact she was the youngest.
There was only person who went on the trip that was near her age, and that was a Daily Times journalist named Spike, who Emily hates at first sight.
Now, here's where it gets weird...but interesting at the same time...on the trip she actually runs into the REAL Mr. Darcy!! Yes, I am not even kidding.
Now you may be wondering, how is it possible for her to meet a fictional character, especially the one fictional character that thousand of women dream about...well, you will just have to read and find out :).

I found the book to be a page turner, but not to the point where I couldn't put it down.  I definitely enjoyed reading it, and by the end I definitely did want to know what was going to happen with Emily, Mr. Darcy, and...well, you might be able to guess who else :).

Anyway, if you get the chance to read it sometime, and you like Jane Austen novels, especially Pride and Prejudice then I definitely think this a book for you :).

Overall rating:


Well, this was yet another book review from The Romance Bookie, and I hope whoever reads this, will be able to get a few good suggestions for future reads.
Yours Truly,
The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. This sounds like the type of book I would like :) I'll check it out!
    And I actually did not like "Pride and Prejudice" either. I've already seen the (most recent) movie so I know how it ends anyway :P hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching the newest movie, but can't really remember what happened haha. But it's so great to hear from someone who also didn't like "Pride and Prejudice". I've had quite a few people tell me I was crazy for not liking it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick