Beautiful Disaster

Wow, I've definitely been on a roll in the past couple of weeks with some very awesome books!  This book was recommended to me by a good friend on Goodreads.  She insisted on me reading it, so I had no other choice but to read, especially after she told me what it was about...I'm a total sucker for these types of stories :).

Before I tell the storyline, let me just explain to you even though some of you might find this book a bit much, for me I love these types of stories because of one reason: love is unpredictable.  Anything is possible...(if you just believe...haha just kidding...sorry to make it cheesy ;)), but I'm serious! When it comes to love: anything really is possible.

Even though I definitely haven't met the love of my life, I believe he's out there; and even though I might never find him, I know that I won't ever stop looking for him.



Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire is about just that...the unpredictability of love.  Abby escaped from her hometown in Kansas, and went to college far away with her best friend in tow, hoping to start a new life, and leave her past behind.  But when she meets Travis, at an underground fight, where he is one of the opponents...in fact the most unbeaten opponent in the entire school, she finds her world turned up side down.  Travis is tattooed, loves to fight, take many girls back to his apartment, and party...in other words: bad news.  But when he sets his eyes on Abby for the first time, Abby isn't sure if she can believe this facade he is putting on...that is his normal procedure after all.

Abby and Travis start something that can't be described in other words, but a Beautiful Disaster.  To find out exactly what I'm talking about, you're going to have get the book and read it for yourself.  Unfortunately, it's only available as an e-book as of right now, but you can also download as a PDF, which is what I did, and read it on your laptop, if you don't own an e-reader.  I know it can be a pain to read a screen for hours...but believe, if you follow the same motto as me, "Love is unpredictable", then I think you won't be disappointed. :)

Overall Rating:


I hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!  I probably won't be on this week, super busy getting ready for Halloween, and partying!! So I'll talk to all of you soon! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. That book cover is so strange! the new one is a firefly in a jar. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's the original Indie cover that Jamie McGuire went with. I like it, but honestly, I didn't really get it...maybe it represented Chaos?? I have no idea. haha
      But I really like the new cover!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick