The Baby Trap by Sibel Hodge Review

So I have spent the past two days, huddled over my Kindle, reading like crazy...and all because I just couldn't stop!

Thanks to Library Thing and Sibel Hodge I won a e-book copy of The Baby Trap.  And let me just tell you...if I would have known about this book before, I would have bought it and read it! I loved it so much!

The Baby Trap is the story of Gina and her husband, Karl, trying to conceive a baby.  Unfortunately, it becomes extremely difficult, and Gina soon finds out it might not be as simple as they had anticipated it to be.  After going through gruesome tests, research, yoga, acupuncture, crystal spiritual healings, and Feng-shui (hahahaha), still no luck!

As I mentioned a few entries ago in my review for Withering Tights by Louise Rennison, I love Love LOVE British humor! But what makes British humor even better??  Adult British Humor!  The Baby Trap had it all...my favorite British Humor (with words like fufu, willy, and bloody), great characters, written so great it kept me wanting to continue and never stop, and not to mention of course a great story!  It was hilarious (Oh. My. God. and how hilarious!!!), and heartfelt.

You would think dealing with such a serious situation as a woman who is unable to get pregnant would be a sad story, but once you read and get into the mind of Gina, who just want to be rolling on the floor laughing your "arse" off!!

If you get a chance to read this book...READ IT!!!! It's available on Amazon or you can check out Goodreads for more information!

Happy Sunday!
The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for your fab review! Soooo glad you enjoyed The Baby Trap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific review. One of my favorite authors. Can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick