A Midsummer's Nightmare Review

With a release date June 5th, 2012, I feel so EXTREMELY lucky to have had the opportunity to read Kody Keplinger's newest novel A Midsummer's Nightmare.  I actually won this novel from Kody's Blog, and when I got that email from Kody I started jumping up and down with excitement!!! :)

As much as I wanted to devour that book as soon I received it in the mail, there were two things holding me back...
1. The List
And 2. and most importantly, the highest reason why I had a hard time picking up this book...because it would mean I would have to wait ANOTHER year and a half for Kody's next book!

But anyway...

A Midsummer's Nightmare is the story of Whitley Johnson.  Whitley is an eighteen year old trying to find herself in this world.  She hasn't been happy in a long time and has come to the point where partying is her source of "happiness".
The day before Whitley is supposed to go to her father's house for the summer (something she looks forward to all year), she wakes up, the day after her graduation, next to guy who threw a huge graduation party for their class. She's never seen him before, and definitely doesn't plan on seeing him again.
Whitley is in for a surprise when she finds out that her father has gotten engaged, has moved out of his beach dwelling Bachelor Condo, and moved in with his fiancee and her two children...one who happens to be the guy she woke up next to the day before...
Whitley feels her dream summer fall apart right then and there.
So what does she do?
Party of course.  What else is there to do in a small town, where everyone knows one another, after all?
She hates everything around her life...her dad's new family, Nathan (her future Step-brother/one night stand from graduation), her mother who only bitches about her dad (who Whitley absolutely worships), and this guy who wants to be her friend. Whitley doesn't do the whole friend thing.  What is going on with her life?

However, as time goes by, Whitley may realize something about herself along the way.  Like possibly that guy who wants to be her friend...well, he may not be that bad after all.  Oh and Nathan, what is it about him that drives Whitley so crazy??

And I haven't even mentioned one of the best parts yet!!!!  Guess who makes an appearance in A Midsummer's Nightmare???

HINT: they may or not be one of my all time favorite characters...from The DUFF... ;)

Oh how Kody's writing, characters, and story never ceases to amaze me!  When I first read The DUFF (Review Here) I absolutely fell in love with Bianca and Wesley!  They are still, to this day (I know it's only been a bit over a year, but I've read quite a few books since then...) they are still one of my all-time favorite couples.  And then the compelling story and characters from her last years release Shut Out!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved Shut Out but I missed that Bianca and Wesley.  I wanted to know more about them, and so when as I was reading A Midsummer's Nightmare there was just something that reminded me of The DUFF.  I absolutely LOVED it!!

This one will 100% make it onto my Top Ten Releases of 2012!  It was THAT good!!  There's only a few that I would consider for that list too! (So far A Midsummer's Nightmare, Cinder, and Catching Jordan (I know it was released in late December of 2011, but that didn't give it much time to be read last year, so I am putting into the 2012 category :)), have made it on).

Overall rating:


I HIGHLY recommend this novel!  However, my mom who reads many of the books that I read, felt a little old for The DUFF, so I think Kody's novels are possibly those types of novels that fall only into specific age groups, so I would say between 14 and 30 (??), of course there are always exceptions though! So I hope you all get a chance to pick up a copy of A Midsummer's Nightmare when it is released on June 5th! :)  I will most likely be doing more promotion for this novel when it's released, so you won't be able to forget about it!! :)

Thanks everyone!

Happy Sunday!

The Romance Bookie :)
And don't forget to enter my 100 Followers Giveaway! You could be entered to win a SIGNED Marissa Meyer Cinder bookmark! :)

Comments

  1. Oh! I can'y wait to read this one! You have me very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this a while ago and have been obssesed with it ever since! I really really want to read it! I'm so glad you liked it :)

    Emily@Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED it so much! All of Kody's book are great! And I highly recommend them! :)

    And thanks girls for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooo jealous!! I absolutely loved The Duff! I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Really Great! I don't think you'll be disappointed! Especially since you loved the DUFF :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick