Still on My Mind #12

Still on My Mind is a weekly meme, featured on Thursday, started by Haley over at Ya-Aholic, where you discuss a book you've either recently read, or read over the past few years, that's still on your mind.




I became obsessed with this week's Still on My Mind, last year.  I originally read the book, because even though I'd seen the book around Target numerous times, the ultimate thing that led me to buying it was the release of the movie, which starred Kate Hudson. 

I devoured this book within a couple of days, and bought the second one as soon as I had the opportunity to.  Recently, I read a short prequel, that the author offered for free in ebook form, and was happy to get back into their world.

For this week's Still on My Mind, I have chosen Something Borrowed  and Something Blue by Emily Giffin.

Something Borrowed 's description from Goodreads:
"Something Borrowed" tells the story of Rachel, a young attorney living and working in Manhattan. Rachel has always been the consummate good girl---until her thirtieth birthday, when her best friend, Darcy, throws her a party. That night, after too many drinks, Rachel ends up in bed with Darcy's fiance. Although she wakes up determined to put the one-night fling behind her, Rachel is horrified to discover that she has genuine feelings for the one guy she should run from. As the September wedding date nears, Rachel knows she has to make a choice. In doing so, she discovers that the lines between right and wrong can be blurry, endings aren't always neat, and sometimes you have to risk all to win true happiness. "Something Borrowed" is a phenomenal debut novel that will have you laughing, crying, and calling your best friend.
 
Something Blue 's description from Goodreads:
Following the smash-hit SOMETHING BORROWED comes story of betrayal, redemption, and forgiveness

Darcy Rhone has always been able to rely on a few things: Her beauty and charm.  Her fiance, Dex. Her lifelong best friend, Rachel.  She never needed anything else. Or so she thinks until Dex calls off their dream wedding and she uncovers the ultimate betrayal. Blaming everyone but herself, Darcy flees to London and attempts to re-create her glamorous life on a new continent. But to her dismay, she discovers that her tried-and-true tricks no longer apply--and that her luck has finally expired. It is only then that she can begin her journey toward redemption, forgiveness, and true love.
 

There was just something about this series that had me hooked from the beginning.  This is the perfect example of my favorite type of Contemporary Romance Novel!  LOVE it!!

I actually also absolutely adored the movie! Because the movie...okay another embarrassing fact about myself, I actually have my ringtone set as "Push It": 
If you don't know what I'm talking about...
lol I just love that movie!!

So that's it from me on this week's Still on My Mind post! :)

Talk to you all later!
The Romance Bookie :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick