Summer Wrap-Up Read-a-thon Cover Scavenger Hunt Challenge!


Hey Everyone again!

So like I mentioned before I am participating in the Summer Wrap-Up Read-a-Thon!

For today's challenge...

Wickedly Bookish is hosting the Cover Scavenger Hunt!

Here is the list of items we are supposed to find on book covers:
Sun
A teeny bikni
Beach umbrella
Sandcastle
Oceanscape or a beach scene
Sunflower
An American flag (4th of July)
Lemonade/Iced Tea
Sunset
Sailboat
Camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag, etc.)
Sunglasses
Swimming Pool
Sun bather
Picnic 

It took quite a bit of hunting, but I've managed to find all the covers that contain these items! And even though we are allowed to repeat covers, I was able to find all DIFFERENT covers!! :)
 
So here goes:
 
Sun:
Illuminated by Erica Orloff, see the sun in between the guy's lips??!!

A Teeny Bikini:
The Au Pairs (The Au Pairs, #1)
 
 The Au Pairs by Melissa de la Cruz.

A Beach Umbrella:
Cross my Heart by Sandra Byrd: I LOVED this book back when I read this about 10 years ago.  Such a cute summer book for young readers!

Sandcastle:


When a Dragon Moves In by Jodi Moore.  This looks super cute!!

Oceanscape or Beach scene:


That Summer by Sarah Dessen (another awesome book by Sarah Dessen!)

Sunflower:
The Summer of Hammers and Angels by Shannon Wiersbitsky (this book has been on TBR list for a while now!)

An American Flag:

America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction by Jon Stewart

Lemonade/Ice Tea:
The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies


Sunset:
 Dreamless by Josephine Angelini (I still really need to read Starcrossed!!)

Sailboat:
I actually found two for this one:


  Unbreak My Heart  by Melissa Walker

And if that one is acceptable, then I also found:

A Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks (this is a gorgeous book!!)

Camping Equipment:
 Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping by Peggy Parish (this is a cute children's series!  I read these sometimes to the kids at the school where I volunteer at)

Sunglasses:
 Farsighted by Emlyn Chand (I will admit, I'm not a huge fan of this cover.  It sort of freaks me out!  But I've heard some great things about this book!)

Swimming Pool:
 The Swimming Pool by Holly LeCraw

Sun Bather:
All I Want is Everything (A Gossip Girl Novel) by Cecily Von Zeigeiser (this actually has TWO sunbathers! ;) )

Picnic:
 
 The Teddy Bears Picnic by Jimmy Kennedy (does anyone else remember singing this elementary school??)

Here's to refresh your memory!
LOL :)

So those are my challenge answers!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Excellent cover hunting skills!!!

    I especially love your cover for the sunset, it's just gorgeous!!!

    Thanks for joining in the fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So honored to have WHEN A DRAGON MOVES IN represented in your fun scavenger hunt! Thanks for helping to spread the Dragon love! Hugs, Jodi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! Wow that's pretty cool that you found this!! And your book really does look super cute! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick