Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi Review

So I've been waiting to get my hands on Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi for many months! I've heard SOOOO many great things about it, and I just knew I had to read it!

Description via Goodreads:
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
I don't really get why she is wearing that dress?? But the cover still looks pretty awesome!!

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war– and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

 My Thoughts:
Wow! This book was awesome!! I know exactly what everyone has been going on about now! There were so many times where I just didn't want to put it down, but knew I had to because other wise I would have been pretty much dead in the morning.  

I believe, I've mentioned this before, but I'm one of those people whose still not 100% sure about the Dystopian genre.  I know, I know, but here's my reason...when I read I want something fun and easy to escape the world from.  I have read quite a few of them too! The Hunger Games, Matched by Ally Condie, Delirium and Pandemonium  by Lauren Oliver, Across the Universe by Beth Revis (That counts right??),  The Uglies by Scott Westerfeld and probably a couple of others, but I just can't think of them right now...oh yeah, and Cinder by Marissa Meyer!! (I can't believe I forgot that one!! I LOVE THAT ONE!!!).  Anyway, some I REALLY enjoyed and some I didn't as much.  

After a while, they all sort of come out to be the same sort of novels...our future world, kids alone fending for themselves, the world as we know has ended, the humans have changed in some significant way, etc.

But Shatter Me, even though it had a few of these things, it somehow seemed very different and unique to me.  I loved the added love story, between her and Adam.  I loved Juliette's character, getting into her head, and still being able to read the things she was actually thinking, versus what she wanted to think.  Tahereh Mafi would cross out the words Juliette didn't want to admit that she thinking about.  It was interesting reading a book like that!

I also LOVED the ending!! Now before I give away any of it, all I'm going to say is this...It reminded me SOOO much of the Pixar movie The Incredibles! Possibly, because I just watched it last week...or possibly because Shatter Me is just that awesome!!

Anyway, I recommend this book to readers who first off like the Dystopian/futuristic genre, or even those who don't! I don't really that much, but I REALLY LIKED THIS ONE!!! And for readers who love a great page turner!  

I really hope they make a movie out of this one, it would be really awesome to see it come alive on the big screen! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. I REALLY need to read this! I think I'm the only person who hasn't, lol. Great review, thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a great book! And I doubt you're the only one who hasn't read it yet! :)

      Delete
  2. I was like you, it took me a while to finally pick this book up but once I did, I fell in love with it. I have such a soft spot for Warner haha.

    Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I sort of get what you mean about Warner. I think a lot of interesting things about him are going to be coming out in the next book or two, that might change a lot of readers minds about him! There is the new one Mafi released, that's the inbetween between the first and the second coming out next year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick