Interview with Mary Parker, author of "The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake"

Hey Everyone!
Today I've got an interview with Mary Parker, the author of The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake!



The Romance Bookie: Describe The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake: The Kahl'Nar Saga #1 in 2-3 sentences.

Mary Parker: A girl caught in a destiny bigger than she can imagine, and finding out if she's got what it takes to literally save the world. Horror, fantasy, romance and a bit of comedy all play a role in making this a unique story.
TRB:  How did you come up with the concept?  Any inspirations?

MP: The character of Leeowyn has been with me since I was a kid, but the story itself was partly from a dream I had, and partly just me sitting in front of the computer and seeing what happened. I really didn’t have a set story in mind when I sat down to write it.
TRB: What does "Kahl'Nar" mean?

MP: That hasn’t been revealed yet. You'll find out! ;)

TRB: What is your favorite book/author of all time?

MP:  I don't know that I could pick one favorite. I just love great storytellers. To name a few: Ray Bradbury, George R R Martin, and J K Rowling.
 
TRB:   How long have you been writing?

MP: Since I could put a pencil to paper. 
 
TRB:  What do you prefer:  Hard copies or ebooks?  Why? :)

MP:  Hard copies. I love the feeling of holding a book, the smell of the pages, and just the sense I get when flipping through a good book. 
 
TRB: Any advice for aspiring writers?

MP: Never stop writing or reading. Keep a notebook near you and write down any idea you have for a story. You never know, you may sit down to write a story about a girl living on the beach and four months later have a novel on your hands.

You can get your copy of The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake on Amazon, Smashwords, and Barnes and Noble! :)

Thanks everyone!
And I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick