A Beautiful Wedding (#2.5 in Beautiful Disaster Series) by Jamie McGuire

Hey Everyone!!

So Jamie McGuire made a super awesome announcement a couple of weeks ago, that had me squealing like a serious fan-girl!

Fans of Travis Maddox, from the Beautiful Disaster series will be thrilled to know that on December 10th (next Tuesday! One Week from today!!), the story of Abby and Travis's wedding will be revealed when Beautiful Wedding is released!

Well, thanks to the wonderful publishers at Atria I was lucky enough to get an advanced finished copy of the book last week, so of course, me being the squealing fan-girl started to devour it right away!

From Goodreads:



You know that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?

Why did Abby pop the question?
What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
Where did they spend their wedding night?
Who else knew about it . . . and didn’t tell?

Everything about Abby and Travis’s elopement was top-secret . . . until now. Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster will get all of their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night!)—and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.

My Thoughts:

First off, let me start by saying I was actually very excited to hear this part of Abby and Travis's story.  I read a couple of not so nice reviews, from people who HAVEN'T EVEN READ THE BOOK!!! saying they thought it was "Stupid" that Jamie wrote this story.  I personally love that she did! It gave us fans that little more piece of Travis; the bad boy of all of our fantasies ;).

Now that being said, I will admit Travis and Abby's choice of wedding was't really my style.  In fact, I've always hated the idea of a Vegas wedding.  To me it sounds tasteless.  ESPECIALLY with Elvis there.  Oh God, horrible!!

Now I am not going to sit here and judge Abby and Travis for wedding location choice, but to me I don't really find it romantic to run off without your friends and family being by your side and exchange vows in front of complete strangers who are only waiting for that pay check as soon as "I Do" is said.

HOWEVER, Abby and Travis definitely redeemed themselves at the end.  NOW that was a beautiful wedding!!

None the less, this story has Travis and Abby in it.  Two characters a lot of readers absolutely became infatuated with throughout Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster.  It is pretty obvious to me and hundreds of other readers that this couple is meant to be!  You cheer for them to make it work as you read these books!

So what do I rate Beautiful Wedding?





It was a great continuation to the story, a lovely conclusion that gave us even more of a closure to Abby and Travis, one that Jamie was already AWESOME to do for us in Walking Disaster!

I'd 100% recommend to fans of the series, and even those of you that love contemporary New Adult novels and haven't read them, CHECK IT OUT!!

Here are the links for the series:

Beautiful DisasterAmazon and Barnes and Noble
Walking DisasterAmazon and Barnes and Noble
and Beautiful WeddingAmazon and Barnes and Noble

The Romance Bookie :)


Comments

  1. Paarberatung The major premise of Christian counseling is that truth makes people free when they believe it and obey it. A certificate in Christian counseling

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick