Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Hey Everyone!!
So it's been a while! In fact this is sadly my first post for 2014!

I really hope everyone had a great New Years, I know I did!  The reason I've been incognito since the start of 2014 is because I actually went on vacation with my boyfriend, we went to Florida for two weeks, and just got back on Saturday, so things have been pretty busy...but in a good way :).

So yes I went to DisneyWorld, and....THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER!!!!

It was AWESOME!  We had each a Butterbeer, a pumpkin juice, and a Cauldron Cake! Then we had lunch at The Three Broomsticks! Let's just say I was totally fan-girling it all day! :) It was amazing!







Both Disney World and Harry Potter were an amazing experience that I get to check off my bucket list! :)

So now...to my first review of 2014!!

I read Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

From Goodreads:


Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.

My Thoughts:

So normally when it takes me over a month to read a book it's because I got bored with the story, hated the characters, or just really wasn't getting into the book.  However, Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell was one of those exceptions!

I had honestly only heard positive things about this book from people.  NOTHING Negative! Nothing! So of course, when I saw it was on sale on Amazon I jumped on the chance to read it!

Eleanor, I thought was one of those characters where you might not find yourself relating to her situation, but you still want to be her best friend and help her out as much as possible.  Fortunately, I can say I couldn't really relate to Eleanor, in that I am blessed to have a supportive family; however, the way Rowell wrote this novel you find yourself in Eleanor's shoes none the less, and you go on that journey with Eleanor to self-discovery.  

Park was kind of a confusing character for me at times.  He obviously was also going through his stage of finding himself; and he kept changing his ways along the way...but throughout it all his feelings for Eleanor kept growing and growing.

I thought they were an awesome couple!

My overall rating:


My one and only complaint about this book would have to be the ending.  While it was good, I do wish Rowell hadn't ended it so abruptly.  I wanted more, and I wanted an explanation to go with it.  But overall, I loved Eleanor & Park!  Great story and great characters! I highly recommend this one!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Eleanor and Park was, in short, charming, witty, entertaining, emotional, a guaranteed re-read and definite favorite.
    Best Dallas Fort Worth Knee Doctor DFW Spine & Joint

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick