Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer

Hey Everyone!

I hope all of you are having a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend!  I'm excited because I not only got the day off today, but FINALS ARE OVER!!! Which means...SUMMER SUMMER TIME!!

Which also makes Cress by Marissa Meyer (the 3rd book in the Lunar Chronicles) my first official Summer Read!! :)

From Goodreads:


In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.

My Thoughts:

I think I've mentioned this before, most likely in my Cinder or/and Scarlet review, but I'll just say it again...I am a huge fairytale fan!  Always have been!  I grew up with them, the original ones, I should mention.  I am German (born there!), so Hans Christian Anderson and the Grimm Brothers are in my blood!! ;)

Anyway, while the first book in the Lunar Chronicles was a unique retelling of Cinderella (Cinder), and the second about Little-Red-Riding Hood (Scarlet), the latest book in the Lunar Chronicles, is the futuristic retelling of Rapunzel, or as Marissa calls her, Cress.  Rapunzel, alongside Cinderella, has always been one of my absolute favorite fairytales!  In fact, Disney's Tangled is probably one of my absolute favorite movies!!! :)  My boyfriend bought it for me for Christmas on Special Edition Blu-Ray, 3-D Blu-ray/DVD combo pack!  He's pretty darn amazing! :)

Anyway, Cress!!!  So it took me a while to read this one, not because I didn't like it, oh heck no, it was nothing like that!! I just haven't all that much time, and for some reason I kept forgetting about it, even though I had started it when it first came out back in early February!!  It's just that I wanted to be in the mind set when I read this one, if that makes sense?!

Cress is the perfect continuation to the Lunar Chronicles!  It's the continuation of Cinder trying to save Earth along with the people she meets along the way, Scarlet and Wolf (who we met in the last book in the series, Scarlet), Captain Thorne (who we also met in Scarlet), Dr. Erland and Emperor Kai (who we first met in Cinder), and then now Cress!

Cress has been trapped in a Satellite for over a decade now, hacking into Earth's security systems and Newsfeeds for Mistress Sybil, who is the Lunar Queen, Queen Levena's, right hand woman.
Cress has always known what she is forced to do is wrong, and has even kept many things secret from Sybil and her Majesty.  So when her escape finally comes after all these years, in the form of Cinder, the handsome Captain Thorne, Iko (Cinder's super smart computer system), Scarlet, and Wolf, she jumps on the chance to help even further!!

Things get complicated along the way, which of course is necessary for any great story line, especially a continuing series like this one!!

I am so looking forward to what Marissa has in store for us with the conclusion of this amazing series!! Winter, which is expected to hit shelves and E-readers February of 2015, is going to be a much anticipated on many readers lists for next year!

I sure can't wait!!

Overall rating:

HIGHLY recommend this one!! Of course to people who read and loved Cinder and Scarlet! But also I would recommend this series in a heart beat to anyone who loves adventures, mystery, thrill seekers, fantasy lovers, fairytale lovers, just to everyone!! I've actually a couple of people to read this series, and they've loved it!! In fact, one of them borrowed my copy of Cinder from me, and loved it so much, that she couldn't wait to get the next one from me that she ended up buying it right away!

If you want your own copies, head on over to your nearest book store or online store!

Here are links for each of the books in the series:

CinderAmazon (ONLY $2.99 right now!!!!) and Barnes and Noble (only $5.86 for the paperback!)
ScarletAmazon and Barnes and Noble
CressAmazon and Barnes and Noble!

You can also get the first FIVE chapters for free from each book on Amazon! So if you're completely convinced check that out! :)

Hope you all have a great long weekend! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick