Guest Review from Erin: Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks #1) by Miranda Kenneally


And it's Monday Everyone!! But to cheer all of you up I'd like to introduce once again Erin, who I first introduced to everyone on Saturday !  

Erin has written her first guest review for The Romance Bookie, and it's...Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally!! One of my absolute favorites!!!


From Erin:

From Goodreads:




ONE OF THE BOYS

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?


Erin's Thoughts:

IT WAS GREAT!! I loved it so much! I stayed up until three o'clock in the morning because I just did not want to put it down and trust me, I paid for it the next day, but it was worth it! To be perfectly honest, I don't read too many YA contemporaries (although I have been branching out lately) and often they don't interest me, BUT Catching Jordan was amazing! It was so adorable! I mean, I've always wondered why more women don't play football, so reading about a girl who does play and is really good was really refreshing and so different from a lot of the books already out there.  I love the struggle Jordan has with being a female football play -- especially with how her famous football father disapproves as well as how she handles being around guys all the time.  

And the romance was great, too! Jordan has never truly had a crush before, so when Ty, the new football player comes around, it's really cute how she tries to work out her feelings.  In addition, she and her best friend, Henry, have a great relationship, which was a lot of fun read.  Now, I don't want to give too much away, but I will say that one part of the book I had a slight suspicion about totally threw me off in a totally good way!  Sorry that's so vague, but I don't want to ruin it for anybody because I love how I was completely blindsided by this!

So my overall rating...

Five bookies!

This is a book I would definitely read again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to other people! I saw that Miranda Kenneally has some other books similar to Catching Jordan, so maybe I'll give those a read in the future.  For now, I'm reading Salvage by Alexandra Duncan! I'm about a hundred page in and I like it so far, so hopefully it stays that way! Anyway, thanks so much again!! See ya next time! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick