Introducing Erin!!!!


Hey Everyone!!

So as some of you may have noticed, my posts have been extremely sporadic this past year!  I've been so crazy busy, with school, my two jobs, starting a relationship, friends, and lets just say life in general! That being said, I still read as much as possible, and while I wish I could read more, there are just not enough hours in the day to do everything!  

I've been toying with this idea for a few months now, and while I've been a bit skeptical, because The Romance Bookie is my baby.  I've been doing this for three and a half years now, I've put A LOT of hard work into her!  But I've come to a realization...it isn't fair for her to go down!  The Romance Bookie needs more attention!!

Last month, at the Festival of Books, I was waiting in life for Marissa Meyer, when I started talking to the girl in line in front of me.  She was so nice! I found out, like me, she's a fan of books, of course, and  like me doesn't have any friends interested in reading like her!  So I told her about my website, and that anytime she wanted to talk about books, to shoot me an email!

Honestly, I didn't expect an email...only because how often do people actually find you when you tell them about you!  But less than a week later, I had an email in my inbox! And OMG I was so darn excited!!

This week, I finally made my decision...I wanted a guest reviewer!  So I asked Erin!  

Erin will be writing reviews for the books she reads, just like I do!  Sometimes they'll be books that I've already read, but in my opinion it is great to get more than one opinion on books!  Right?

Anyway, so I'm here to introduce Erin today, who'll be joining me as the first ever, hopefully, soon-to-be regular guest reviewer, here on The Romance Bookie!! :)

So to introduce her, I've asked Erin a few question, where you'll be able to get to know her a little! :)


The Romance Bookie: In 2-3 sentences tell us about yourself.

Erin: Hi, I'm Erin! I very recently graduated from college with a degree in kinesiology and I'm hoping to become a physical therapist one day! My mom thinks I'm addicted to exercise (Ha! No...) but if I were addicted to anything it would be to reading and books -- in fact, I probably am!

TRB: When did you start reading? If you remember, what was the first book you ever read?

Erin: 
I think I started reading when I was about seven or eight, but my mom read us (my brother and me) books before that.  I don't remember the first book I ever read, but the book that totally made me go from "sort of liking reading" to "I LOVE READING" was A Wrinkle of Time by Madeleine L'Engle! I read it when I was nine and I've been obsessed with books ever since then.

TRB: What is your all time favorite book? (Since this can be a very difficult question, you're welcome to write down more than one) :)

Erin: Gah! Yes, this is a hard question! Hmm...if I absolutely had to pick a favorite, I would choose Harry Potter!  But some of my other favorites are The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass, and Legend by Marie Lu.

TRB: Who are your favorite authors?

Erin: Aah! So many! JK Rowling, Marissa Meyer, Sarah J. Mass, Susan Dennard, Marie Lu, Rick Riordan, Cinda Williams Chima, Maggie Stiefvater...I could go on forever!

TRB: Do you prefer paper books or Ebooks? And Why?

Erin: Paper books for sure! While Ebooks are convenient and handy, they're just not the same as having an actual book.  I love holding the books and being able to see the different fonts, the page numbers, flipping back and forth, the beautiful book covers that I can stare at endlessly!!

TRB: If you could only bring three books with you on a deserted island, where you would be staying for the rest of your life (you have food and water!) what would they be?

Erin: Another hard question! Let's see...I'd have to say...Harry Potter and the Goblet of FireScarlet by Marissa Meyer, and Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi!!

TRB: What is your favorite book to movie adaptation? Least favorite?

Erin: I think I would have to say The Hunger Games! I loved how they stayed true to the actual book(s).  There's nothing more disappointing than seeing a movie of a book you loved completely distorted, at least for me! And on that note, I would have to say my least favorite book to movie adaptation would be Harry Potter.  I love those books and yet I can hardly stand to watch the movies! While the first two movies are great, I seriously can't watch the other six!

TRB: If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would they be and why?

Erin: JK Rowling, without a doubt!! I think she's absolutely brilliant! I mean the things that she's come up with! And I can't believe the amount of planning she's put into Harry Potter, which is one of the things I love most about the series! There are extremely subtle hints and clues that come up earlier in the series that pop up in later books -- for example, how Peeves breaks the Vanishing Cabinet in the second book and then Montague is shoved into the Cabinet by Fred and George, in the fifth, and then finally in the sixth, Malfoy uses it to let Death Eaters into Hogwarts!! It's just AMAZING!!!

TRB: And now a couple of random non book related questions:

What's your favorite type of music? Who/what is your current favorite artist/song?

Erin: I don't think I have a favorite type of music -- I listen to almost anything! A lot of the times, if I just hear a song enough, I'll start to like it.  I think my current favorite song is "Counting Stars" by OneRepublic!! I love that song so much! I've been obsessed with it since last summer!

TRB: If you could travel anywhere in the world for a three week vacation, where would you go?

Erin: I think I would go to France! I went there a few years ago and I loved it! It's so beautiful there! I'd love to go back and see some more places that I didn't get to visit last time.  Plus, if I were in France, I could travel to other European countries -- say...England!


Wow, okay "Counting Stars" is totally my jam! I saw OneRepublic in concert in September with Sarah Bareilles and it was so much fun!!  And Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, is my absolute favorite Harry Potter Book!!!  :)

I'm so excited to have Erin write her first review!!! :)

Which will be very soon, I think!! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick