Emily Giffin signing in Los Angeles (Thursday June 5th, 2014)

I did something really exciting on Thursday! I got to meet Emily Giffin at the Grove in Los Angeles! :)

2014 has been an amazing year so far with me going to signings! I've had the opportunity to meet so many amazing authors!  I definitely give all the credit to me having my driver's license, but also just to the fact that 2014 seems to have had some amazing author coming within two hours of where I live! :)  There might another one I'm going in late July if all things work out! :)

Anyway to the EMILY GIFFIN signing!!!

To this signing I went with my amazing mom!  I drag her along with me sometimes :).

We got there right on time, got my wristband after I bought my copy of Emily's latest release, The One and Only, which hit shelves on May 20th!  We had excellent seats!

That's me and my mom behind that empty seat in the front row!
The picture above is also the one Emily Giffin took herself, for her tour pics :).

View of the stage before...


Here's Emily when she first got on the stage...




Anyway, the signing was really fun! There was even a super special surprise guest (which I'll be honest, I had a crazy suspicion he'd be there :))...



Collin Egglefield!! He played Dex in movie version of Something Borrowed!!! Isn't he super handsome??!!







And then one of "Dex" by himself...



I was able to record Emily's discussion, which was awesome!!



During the discussion I was able to ask a question, which was, "How far along is the script writing for the movie version of Something Blue?", which you can hear answered in the video above.  But anyway, the screenwriters for both Something Borrowed and Love the One You're With were both in the audience! In fact she ended up calling the screenwriter for Love the One You're With up on stage!

Emily and the screenwriter for Love the One You're With


After the discussion, it was time for the signing! :)

Unfortunately, Emily was only able to sign copies of The One & Only, and one other title from hers.  I of course, had all of my Emily Giffin books with me :), but I decided on having Something Blue signed!

Emily signing my copy of "The One & Only"

Me talking to Emily

Emily and I

The Final picture of Emily and Me


After getting my books signed by Emily, I went to my mom, who was standing in line for me to meet Collin Egglefield!

Collin hanging out during the discussion!

Collin signing my copy of "Something Borrowed"

Collin greeting fans
And finally...

Collin Egglefield and me

Overall, a very good signing! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. That sounds so fun :) I love Collin Egglesfield. And her books too, of course!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick