Guest Review from Erin: Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Hey Everyone!!

From Goodreads:



How do you defy destiny?

Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.

As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.

Erin's Thoughts on Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini:

OMG! THIS WAS SUCH AN AMAZING BOOK!!! I don't even know how to describe it!! The story is based on Greek Mythology, (which is why Starcrossed caught my eye)! I love it and I love books that incorporate Greek Myths!! I should also say that I have read this probably about three years ago or so and loved it the first time around, but decided to reread again since I forgot basically everything! :)

I stayed up till 1 o'clock in the morning reading this because I could not put it down! And I know that doesn't seem that late, but seeing as I had to get up at 6am for work, it did cause a bit of a dilemma.  But that's how much I loved it!! I was super tired the next day, but it was totally worth it! I loved everything about this book, but I think one of my favorite parts is the relationship between Helen and Lucas! It's so well done!! Just the right amount of cuteness and tension!! But like I said, everything was fantastic! Josephine Angelini also does an amazing job of weaving in the Greek myths while still keeping a completely fresh story. And if you've read the Percy Jackson series (LOVE!), I'd say it's very different from those, yet just as great!! Definitely give this a read if you can!!

Overall rating:

This is book one of the trilogy (I'm (re)reading the second one, Dreamless, right now!!) so there are more where these came from! And fortunately, they'll all out, which means -- no waiting!! Yay!! :) Not to sound bossy, but check these books out!!!

Erin @ The Romance Bookie :)




Comments

  1. I knew this book sounded familiar - I reviewed it back in 2011 :) gave it 4.5/5 stars. (http://booksithinkyoushouldread.blogspot.com/2011/07/starcrossed.html)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick