His Secrets (Inside Out #3.1) by Lisa Renee Jones

***WARNING***
***This book contains content not suitable for anyone under the age of 18!!! You've been warned!!***

Hey Everyone!

I've finally caught up on the Inside Out Series by Lisa Renee Jones! Now I can officially read the newest one, No Inbetween!

Anyway, I finished His Secrets, which is recommended to be read before reading No Inbetween, because it somehow connects to the story.

From Goodreads:


An Inside Out story, Chris's POV

In a world where my only escape has been my art, Sara has been the light in my darkness. And there is darkness, the kind of inky black that can bleed from my life to hers.

She doesn't see it. She doesn't understand what I've shown her. And my biggest fear is that soon...she will.

My Thoughts:

It was a little odd, reading in the point of view of Chris, because I'm so used to reading from Sara's view.  I got a little confused sometimes, because something kind of masculine would be mentioned and I'd think to myself, "Sara wouldn't say that!", but then I would remember.

Anyway, if you've read the previous novels in the Inside Out series, then you know Chris is a very misunderstood character.  He has issues, unlike most people, he handles them in a very harsh way.  Something you learn as read the series.

Sara has been trying to get him out of his, let's call it a "funk".  Sometimes it seems like it's working, and sometimes he still finds himself dropping back in.  It's tough, and while I'll be honest and say, I don't know how someone could want that kind of pain put on themselves, I do understand that everyone has a different way of also handling their own pain.

Lisa Renee Jones has written a series, that I have absolutely been enthralled with since book 1.  I just can't stop reading these books! They've got mystery, thrilling moments, great characters that are misunderstood, but you learn their story one-by-one along the way.  She even writes these great little novellas, like this one, along the way, to get you into the heads of the other main characters!

Overall rating:



If you're fan of erotica, thrillers, mysteries, or don't mind sex in your books, then this is the series for you! Definitely check them out!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick