2014 Challenge Wrap-up!

Hey Everyone!

So here is my Challenge Wrap-up for 2014!  Not too bad, for how busy I was this year! :)


First off, I did completely my goal of reading at least 50 books! :)  In fact, I read 51!  Here is the complete list of books I read in 2014:


Books I read in 2014:
  1. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  2. Vampire Academy (Book #1 in Vampire Academy Series) by Richelle Mead
  3. Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) by Richelle Mead
  4. What Really Happened in Peru by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan
  5. Revealing Us (Inside Out #3) by Lisa Renee Jones (ARC)
  6. Real by Katy Evans (Real #1)
  7. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
  8. The Runaway Queen by Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson
  9. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
  10. My Not So Super Sweet Life (#3 in the My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century Trilogy) by Rachel Harris
  11. Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren
  12. Happenstance (Happenstance #1) by Jamie McGuire
  13. Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski (ARC)
  14. Cress by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #3)
  15. All Lined Up (Rusk University #1) by Cora Carmack (ARC)
  16. Just One Night (#2.5 in Just One Day Series) by Gayle Forman
  17. Afterburn and Aftershock by Sylvia Day
  18. The Queen's Army by Marissa Meyer
  19. Beautiful Oblivion (Maddox Brothers #1) by Jamie McGuire  (ARC)
  20. My Hunger (Inside Out #3.2) by Lisa Renee Jones
  21. City of Heavenly Fire (#6 in the Mortal Instrument Series) by Cassandra Clare
  22. Breathe, Annie, Breathe (Hundred Oaks #5) by Miranda Kenneally (ARC)
  23. The Master Undone (#2.5 in Inside Out Series) by Lisa Renee Jones 
  24. His Secrets (Inside Out #3.1) by Lisa Renee Jones
  25. The Princess Diaries (#1 in The Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
  26. Princess in the Spotlight (#2 in The Princess Diaries) by Meg Cabot
  27. Princess in Love (#3 in The Princess Diaries) by Meg Cabot
  28. Princess in Waiting (#4 in Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
  29. Project Princess (#4.5 in The Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
  30. Princess in Pink (#5 in The Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
  31. Princess in Training (#6 in The Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
  32. The Princess Present (#6.5 in The Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
  33. Party Princess (#7 in The Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
  34. Sweet Sixteen Princess (#7.5 in The Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
  35. Princess on the Brink (#8 in The Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
  36. Princess Mia (#9 in The Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
  37. Forever Princess (#10 in The Princess Diaries Series) by Meg Cabot
  38. The Swift Boys and Me by Kody Keplinger
  39. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
  40. Dare You To by Katie McGarry
  41. Valentine Princess by Meg Cabot
  42. The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren by Wendy Toliver
  43. Pie Girls by Lauren Clark (ARC)
  44. Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 by Stephenie Meyer (Illustrated by Young Kim) (Manga)
  45. The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer (ARC)
  46. Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn #1) by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
  47. Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 2 by Stephenie Meyer, Illustrated by Young Kim (Manga)
  48. Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons #2) by Christina Lauren (ARC)
  49. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
  50. No In Between (Inside Out #4) by Lisa Renee Jones
I also participated in the  YA Contemporary Challenge!

For this one my goal was to read 5 brand new 2014 YA Contemporary Releases, and at least 10 not 2014 released YA Contemporaries!

I ended up reading 9 Brand 2014 released YA Contemporary Novels, and 19 not 2014 released YA contemporary novels! :) So check two for completion!

Here are the lists of what I read for the challenge:

Official YA Contemporary Novels read:

1. Not YA, but New Adult: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (Released on March 18th, 2014)
2. My Not So Super Sweet Life (#3 in My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century) by Rachel Harris (Release Date: April 21st, 2014)
3. Happenstance (Happenstance #1) by Jamie McGuire (Released on May 9th, 2014)
4. Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski (Released March 11th, 2014)
5. Just One Night by Gayle Forman (Released on May 29th, 2014)
6. Breathe, Annie, Breathe (Hundred Oaks #5) by Miranda Kenneally (Release Date: July 15th, 2014)
7. The Swift Boys and Me by Kody Keplinger (Release date: May 27th, 2014)
8. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith (Release Date: April 15th, 2014)



ALL Other YA Contemporary Novels Read:

  1. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (2012 Release)
  2. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (2012 Release)
  3. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (2000 Release)
  4. Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot (2000 Release)
  5. Princess in Love by Meg Cabot (2001 Release)
  6. Princess in Waiting by Meg Cabot (2002 Release)
  7. Project Princess by Meg Cabot (2003 Release)
  8. Princess in Pink by Meg Cabot (2003 Release)
  9. Princess in Training by Meg Cabot (2004 Release)
  10. The Princess Present by Meg Cabot (2004 Release)
  11. Party Princess by Meg Cabot (2006 Release)
  12. Sweet Sixteen Princess by Meg Cabot (2006 Release)
  13. Princess on the Brink by Meg Cabot (2007 Release)
  14. Princess Mia by Meg Cabot (2008 Release)
  15. Forever Princess by Meg Cabot (2009 Release)
  16. Dare You To by Katie McGarry (2013 Release)
  17. Valentine Princess by Meg Cabot (2006 Release)
  18. The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren (2009 Release)
  19. Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn #1) by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian (2012 Release)
Next, I also did the 2014 Ebook Reading Challenge!

My goal was to read the DVD level, which meant reading 25 Ebooks in 2014, but unfortunately I only read 16, mainly because I've been trying to make a dent in my TBR shelf!  So in the end, I only reached the CD level, but that's okay.  

Then, I also did the Book to Movie Challenge!

For this one my goal was read at least 3 books where the movies were released in 2014.  I ended up only reading 1, and watching and reviewing 5 movies where they were adapted from books.  Mainly because, I wasn't interested in reading Divergent  and The Maze Runner, and I didn't want to or have time to reread The Fault in Our Stars and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay.  But I did end up reading the book and watching the movie for The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.  I LOVED the book, but hated the movie! In fact, that was one of the first movies I've ever seen in theaters, where I was tempted to leave!  Here is the movie review: Vampire Academy (Movie Review).  And here is the Book review for that one: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead .

And lastly!  I participated in the Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2014!

For this one, I just realized I never actually set a goal for myself, which I definitely plan on doing in 2015, but I believe last year, my goal was to read at least 10 off of the shelf, so after counting what I read off of the shelf this year, I read...10!  Exactly! Phew!!  That was a close one!!

For 2015, I plan on hopefully reading more, because while I plan on buying my most anticipated released for 2015, I don't really plan on buying any other books!

So that's it for 2014!! Can't believe it's over! What an amazing, wonderful year it's been! I really can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for me! :)

Happy New Year Everyone!!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Ooh, this is a great idea ... I should do this for my book and film blogs (a 2014 wrapup).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick