Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1) by Louise Rennison

Hey Everyone!

While my life was pretty crazy last year, it is nothing compared to this year.  Taking five classes in a university, while working two jobs is no joke!!

And while yes, I'm still technically on hiatus, that doesn't mean I can't post a review here and there, when I actually do find the chance to read, right??

Well, last week I had been so fed up with homework, and work, that I literally just went into the office in our house, where my single book shelf is (the majority of my books are in storage, until my boyfriend and I can get a bigger place to live), and picked up a book I've been meaning to read for years now.  In fact, since high school!  I've seen this book many many time, both in libraries and book stores, but just never have gotten around to picking it up...why? I don't know!  But it's finally happened, and I have joined the Georgia Nicolson band wagon!

A little late? you may be thinking? ;), the book did get released in the year 2000!  But better late than never, as I always like to say!! :)

So anyway, time for the review:

From Goodreads:


There are six things very wrong with my life:

1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.

2. It is on my nose

3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.

4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.

5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.

6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.


In this wildly funny journal of a year in the life of Georgia Nicolson, British author Louise Rennison has perfectly captured the soaring joys and bottomless angst of being a teenager. In the spirit of Bridget Jones's Diary, this fresh, irreverent, and simply hilarious book will leave you laughing out loud. As Georgia would say, it's "Fabbity fab fab!"

My Thoughts:

So yes, I am 24, reading the diary of a 14 year old freshman high school student.  And while, I did feel old at times reading this, especially with some of the concerns of these 14 year olds, I was able to relate at times to how I was when I was that age.  I remember having that close knit group of friends, who I would have sleepovers with, and who I would go shopping with, and talk about our crushes.  Reading Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging brought me back to those times.

What I loved about this book, was most definitely the British humor!  I look contemporary teen novels set in England!  Or just Europe in general!!

And while yes, I did enjoy these things, there was one thing that bothered me at times, quite a bit...Georgia.

Georgia, while funny most of the times, acted REALLY spoiled, privileged, and just plain old shallow at times.  While I understand, that a lot of teenage girls go through this stage, there were a few times, I would find myself cringing, because if she were my daughter, I would have grounded her long ago!

Overall, however, this was the book I needed.  I needed something easy, something I wouldn't need to really think during, and something I could just enjoy to get my mind off all the chaos surrounding my life right now (and for the foreseeable future!).

Rating:

I would definitely recommend this to those who are extremely stressed out right now, and just need to let off some steam, but aren't interested in going out to party!  This was a fun easy read, and while I did find Georgia a bit annoying at times, I did start reading the second book in the series, immediately after finishing.  Even when the homework is piled up ridiculously high sometimes, it is still important to just relax a little bit, every so many days, other wise you will go insane!  I promise you this, this is coming from personal experience!

Hope everyone is doing well!  I really do miss The Romance Bookie, and am sad I don't get as much time as I used to.  On top of homework and work, it has been hard for me to find books that I want to read right now.  I guess I'm in some sort of reading rut on top of all of this!  But I am SOOOOO looking forward to receiving the new Twilight book soonish, and same with the illustrated Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone; because I REALLY want to read those!!!!!!!!  I may have to wait until Christmas though, because I'm a tad broke right now!!!  :)

Anyway, have a great week everyone, and I'll try to be back as soon as possible! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Wait what's the new Twilight book?!

    Also I read these when I was in high school I think, they were funny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick